Declare Your American Status
Steps & Guidance to Come Home
Step 1 – Gather Items You Will Need
- Access to a computer (or someone who can operate one for you)
- A PDF editor or Wordprocessing software
- Paper and Printer
- One Blue Pen
- One Red Pen
- Red Ink Pad (for your thumbprint)
- Passport Quality Photos (Clean white background, NO glasses or headgear)
- Envelopes and Postage (Pick up a roll of red Registered Mail labels at the post office)
- A Public Notary (Typically your bank or credit union will offer this service)
Step 2 – Download Tracking Sheet and Outline
Correcting your political status is a life-changing decision. Read through this web page and feel free to download the 1779 / 928 reference documents (1779 & 928 Progress Tracking Sheets and 1779 & 928 Declare Your Status Outline) below to help you track your progress.
This information will help you to start learning about each political status and the associated responsibilities. After you go through this California Assembly website and the 1779 / 928 information, you may contact the California Assembly Coordinators to discuss your intentions regarding ‘Declaring Your Status’.
The following steps and tips will help you get started on correcting your political status from:
- incorporated U.S. Citizen (CORPORATE CITIZEN) to…
- unincorporated ‘self-governing’ California American State National or…
- unincorporated ‘self-governing’ California American State Citizen.
STEP 3 – Choose Your Status
You have the right to declare your political status as an American State National or an American State Citizen.
American State National
An American State National owes no allegiance to anyone, but must keep the peace. They may participate in general assembly meetings and vote on domestic (in-state) policy only. They are not eligible to hold an elected office within the State Assembly.
American State Citizen
An American State Citizen helps reconstruct the California government. They may participate in both general and executive assembly meetings, and vote on both domestic (in-state) and international (out of state) policy. Citizens are encouraged to be actively involved and are eligible to hold office in an elected position within the State Assembly.
Together we can lead the way to building a strong California Assembly on the Land and Soil.
STEP 4 – Download The 1779 or 928 Forms
After choosing your status, you will need to complete certain documents that must be recorded publicly.
- The California Assembly uses the American States Assembly Land Recording Office (LRO)
- The LRO is an open-source system owned by the Federation that is used to publish and create credentials.
- If you chose to be an American State National, you can use either Option 1 or Option 2 as outlined below.
- If you chose to declare as an American State Citizen, you must use Option 2 forms.
Helpful 1779 & 928 Documentation Tips
- Please use the 1779 and, or 928 templates from tasa.americanstatenationals.org website.
- Templates on the TASA site are the most current versions.
- It is not required for an American State National to use Option 2 – 928 Documents.
- It is highly recommended to use The 928 Documents, as they add stronger protections.
- Any time you record new documents, the fee for the LRO recording will be $25.00.
- You can record your documents with any state-of-state county Recording Office as well.
- Take your time and do your documents correctly, you do not need to rush.
- Do Not change any core content on the 1779 and 928 templates!
American State Nationals – ONLY
The required 1779 forms are listed below
Depending on where you were born and your employment status, you will need to select the correct one-page form. You will also need (3) wet ink copies of your 1779 Declaration.
- Declaration for Americans (Born American)
- Declaration for Federal Employees (Born American Federal Employee)
- Declaration for Legal Immigrants (Naturalized American)
- 7- year Undocumented Immigrant (Undocumented Immigrants)
- Declaration for Green Card Legal Immigrants (Green Card Legal Immigrant)
- Declaration for Legal Immigrant Federal Employees (Naturalized American Federal Employee)
Additional documents needed to complete the 1779 process
- (2) Witness Testimony Affirmations (Two Witnesses)
- (1) Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate “in-color” photo copy, color print out
American State Nationals & American State Citizens
The required 928 forms are listed below
- Deed of Re-Conveyance (Born American) or Deed of Conveyance (Naturalized American)
- Certificate of Assumed Name
- Act of Expatriation
- Mandatory Notice – Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act (FISA)
- Declaration of Political Status
- Cancellation of All Prior POA
- DNA Paramount Claim
Additional Required Documents
- Witness Testimony Affirmations (Two Witnesses)
- Voter Cancellation
- Revocation of California and DC Taxes
- A Birth Certificate Copy or Naturalization Certificate Copy (in color)
Optional American State National or American State Citizen Forms
- Common Carry Declaration (Recommended)
- Notice of Intent and Fee Schedule (Recommended)
- Baby Deed of Land Recording
- Marriage Paperwork
We want you to be successful in declaring your status! If the documents are not filled out correctly, they will be returned to you. Take your time. Learn about what you are doing. Think it through.
Original ‘Wet-Ink’ and Color Copies
- Each document you actually autograph, notarize and thumbprint is considered a ‘Wet-Ink Original’.
- Each ‘Wet-Ink’ original should be scanned and printed in color. These are considered ‘Color Copies’.
- The only document required to be completed as a ‘Wet-Ink Original’ in triplicate is the ‘Declaration of the Naturalization Act 1779’ (all three are mailed in, one verified copy will be returned to you).
Additional California Recorder Requirement
- If you choose ‘Option 1’, send one postage paid return envelope along with your documents to you State or County Coordinator or Recording Secretary so your documents can be recorded in the LRO and returned to you.
- Most of your forms will need to be notarized with an embossed seal. Be sure all the dates are accurate for the notary.
- Be sure to affix you color Passport Photos with adhesive to your Witness Testimony Affirmations (no staples).
- If you have any questions, a phone call can be set up to go over your questions.
- You are highly encouraged to keep all your ‘Wet-Ink’ originals in a secure location.
Send all original color copy documents including copies of both Revocation of taxes, Declaration of Political Status and Voter Cancellation letters to your State Coordinator or County Recorder.
Commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service
Department of the Treasury
P.O. Box 480 Holtsville, New York 11742
Internal Revenue Office of the Commissioner
Room 3000 1111 Constitution Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20204
Antony J. Blinken
Office of the Secretary of State
2201 C Street, NW
Washington. D.C. 20520
CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF STATE
California Secretary of State
[Include division or program name]
1500 11th StreetSacramento, CA 95814
Attention: Secretary of State – Dr. Shirley N. Weber
You will now be able to create your own profile on the Land Recording Office (LRO) system. The LRO system is open to all American State Nationals and American State Citizens. It is an open-source platform, owned and operated by The United States of America (an unincorporated Federation).
Once your documents are recorded and published with the LRO, you will be able to order Credential Cards. This step is optional. To do this, you need to login to your profile account, click ‘payment’ on the top of the page and then the ‘fees’ tab. Under ‘fees for’ click on ‘credential card’ and place your order through PayPal. Your cards will be mailed to the address in your LRO profile account.
Note: Your credential card picture and thumb print images should be cropped to 600 x 900 dpi.
Status Select Paperwork Services
Professional document preparation is a service we offer to those who are seeking to change their political status from a United States Citizen to an American State National.